ALBERTA SPRUCE TREE
Picea glauca 'conica'
Your fresh and fragrant dwarf Alberta spruce is just right for adding a natural decorative touch to a mantel, tabletop, kitchen counter or guest room. Just follow these simple care instructions to keep your tree healthy and green.
- Near a sunny window
- Away from direct heat sources
- On a protected surface (to prevent potential moisture damage to furniture)
- For first watering, remove the plastic wrap around the inner pot and water tree thoroughly over a sink or outside. Return inner pot to its decorative outer pot.
- Keep soil moist but not soggy.
- Appropriate for planting in zones 3-8.
- For regions with freezing temperatures, allow tree to rest in a cool garage or basement until the ground thaws.
- 3- to 5-gallon containers with drainage holes are ideal.
- Place indoors or out, in a sunny location.
- Upgrade to larger containers as needed.
- 2-4" a year
- Mature Height: 6-12'
Download Spruce Tree Care Guide PDF